Myanmar Teacher Platform is intended to serve as an online, mobile and offline platform for educators, learners and other interested parties to access quality learning materials, videos and other resources in a safe and secure environment. The platform consists of:
An E-learning platform offering free courses through synchronous and asynchronous learning, where learners also have the opportunity to interact with each other via discussion forums. Learners can also gain certificates on the completion of the selected courses.
An E-library containing over 170 electronic resources in various digital formats (E-books, videos, etc.). The E-library is integrated with the E-learning platform and thus helps learners to experience an organized and innovative mode of learning.
Many of the resources on Myanmar Teacher Platform are customized to the context of the country, whilst ensuring adherence to international good practices. While the platform is primarily targeted at educators and learners in Myanmar, it will enable all users to continue with their education and/or continuing professional development.
“Myanmar Teacher Platform” is being implemented by UNESCO, with support from the Government of Finland. The initial version of the platform was funded by the Governments of Australia, Finland and the UnitedKingdom. UNESCOinitiatedeffortstoenhancethefunctionalityoftheexistingplatformtoallow for a better user-experience. Myanmar Teacher Platform now has a wider range of tools and capabilities better suited to the needs and context of users in Myanmar.
The UNESCO STEM project brings mobile apps for both iOS and Android versions of MTP (E-learning) where learners can engage with the platform in a faster and convenient way. In Jan 2022, the changes to the Union Taxation Law were introduced and increased tax on SIM cards and internet services. There is now a 20,000 kyat (US$11) commercial tax on SIMs and a 15 percent tax on internet service providers’ income. Because of the increasing costs in using the Internet and mobile data, the UNESCO STEM project team decided to offer the “Offline” feature, which is designed to store the resource files on the mobile devices of users that require the “Storage Permission” from the Play Store. Once the app is installed on a mobile device, users can save internet data by enabling the offline mode through which the course contents can be saved in the device memory and retrieved without having an internet connection. The progress of the course taker will be locally stored and then have it synced with the server once a connection is made. As such, we do need the storage permission and believe that it will be granted as it is required to offer better services for all the learners in Myanmar.
Some significant features of the app is given below:
WITH MTP YOU CAN:
• Learn about different tools through different courses
• Build knowledge for your career/personal development across a wide range of courses • Get Professional Certificates
• Master a skill in a specific field with Specializations
SO THAT YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
• Grow with confidence
• Develop skills and credentials to stand out
• Enjoy flexibility and control over your growth
WITH THE MTP APP YOU GET:
• Flexible schedules and on-demand courses
• Downloadable videos for offline viewing
• Mobile-friendly courses, so you can learn effectively on any device • Saved coursework, quizzes and projects across your mobile devices
• Information and Communication Technology: ICT Integration for Lesson Planning etc. • Curriculum and Pedagogy
• Media and Information Literacy
• Education for Peace and Sustainable Development
• Comprehensive Sexuality Education
YOU'LL BE NEEDING PERMISSION FOR:
• Mobile Phone's Camera: To upload profile picture (during or after registration).
• Mobile Phone's Storage: To keep downloaded data for offline mode and to access gallery to upload profile picture.